Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Introducing: Quarantine Monster Shorts

I don't know if you've noticed, but 2020 has been kind of insane. Pandemic, murder hornets, coin shortages, and meth gators just to name a few have been flooding news sources and social media since March. A random conversation with my best friend about the water in the Great Lakes clearing because of decreased shipping started a project about a very important topic: 

What are monsters doing while the are humans locked up?

So, to help keep myself sane during the dumpster fire that is 2020, I have been trying to answer that question in a series of short stories. They range from funny to sad, ridiculous to bittersweet, covering a wide range of emotions that humans and monsters are feeling during these uncertain times. 

My end goal is to release an anthology of them but I thought it would be fun to share a few of them with you here on The Blank Page. The first one will be posted next Tuesday, August, 11th.

I have lucky 13 stories completed and have ideas for more so this project will keep me busy for a while. I'll let you know more about the anthology when I have a better idea of what I want it to look like.

Some of the monsters featured in the shorts:
Ghosts
Vampires
Big Foot
Witches
Nessy
Cats
Gremlins
and more... 

Picture from Metro

I want to thank my friends in the Central Nebraska Writers Group who have been giving me feedback on my monster shorts for the last 6+ months and giving me more ideas to keep the stories going. 

If you have any monsters that you would like to see featured in the Quarantine Monster Shorts, please comment below or email me at katherine.wielechowski@gmail.com.

Make sure to follow me on facebook, Katherine Wielechowski- Author so you know when new posts go up.

Stay safe, wash your hands, wear sunscreen, and don't forget to take a towel. Love, Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment