Monday, September 6, 2021

QMS News: Departure of Royals

 A few of the short short stories I included in Quarantine Monster Shorts were inspired by some of the weirder news stories of 2020 where I gave supernatural/paranormal/ridiculous reasons for them happening. I decided to share a brief explanation of those news stories in case you forgot. Here is the second one. Enjoy!


One of the longest lasting news stories of 2020 and into 2021 was Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan stepping down from their duties as senior royals and moving to Canada, then the US.

I followed the story closer than I follow many news stories in the US for reasons I can't really explain. Could be, like many Americans, I am simply fascinated by the royal family, or because of an inherited case of raging Anglophilia (Britanophilia?) - thanks, Mom - but whenever the British monarchy shows up on the news, my attention immediately shifts to that.

Of course there are a ton of speculation over the departure, even with Harry and Meghan's infamous Oprah interview. Vitriol and rancor was thrown at the couple from both sides of the pond but with the royal family being one of the most closed-mouthed institutions in the world, we will probably never know the whole truth.

But I have a theory of my own:

It was werewolves.

Still from Doctor Who "Tooth and Claw" ep 2, series 2.
Picture found on Warped Factor blog.

Look for "Royal Pack" in Quarantine Monster Shorts coming October 2021.


No comments:

Post a Comment