Monday, January 11, 2016

The Blank Page: A Beginning

Welcome to the Blank Page!

Now, you might be wondering why in the hell an author would name a blog the "blank page" when that is the very opposite of what an author wants. Well, every author starts by staring at a blank page, sometimes for hours, waiting for the story to come.

It is a true love/hate relationship.

A little about me:

My name is Katherine Wielechowski. I'm a born and raised Nebraskan by parents who grew up on the East coast. Even in my everyday life, I had little culture shock moments (ask me about taking a bagel to school). I am the youngest of four girls (there is a special place in heaven for my father) and a new aunt to a nephew who is going to be spoiled within an inch of his life. I graduated from the University of South Dakota with a Bachelor of Science in History and English. It was at USD that I discovered my love of writing. My first novel took me six years to complete and I still don't think it's finished. My second novel took a little over a year and is currently getting a huge overhaul. Meanwhile, I have written and published five novellas on amazon.com, started countless other books, and am trying to just freaking finish one (it would make my editor so very happy). I have what I like to call genre ADD- I bounce from one genre to the next and have stories in historical romance, action, paranormal, humor, fantasy, distopian fiction, non-fiction, and children's fiction.

I got published! One of the happiest days of my life.
As for the rest of this blog, I'm not 100% sure what I want to do with it.

I'd love to say I'm going to fill it up with inspirational writing for my avid fans and groundbreaking tips for all inspiring writers out there, but I don't want to start out by lying to you. I'm not inspirational and I haven't been writing long enough for groundbreaking tips.

I do promise that I will be entertaining and real. I'll probably bitch about writer's block and slacking sales, I'll use a ton of exclamation points and CAPS LOCK when something exciting happens, and talk about my writing progress... or lack there of. I'll be encouraging with my sliver-lining-glass-half-empty attitude and post a ton of memes that I steal borrow from other writer's groups.

Thank you for joining me on this new beginning. It's sure to be an interesting journey.

1 comment:

  1. So happy to read your "Blank Page"! I really enjoy your writing!!

    ReplyDelete