Monday, January 9, 2017

Operation: Nebraska Author- Blissfully Married

After my blog post last week about wanting to share books by my fellow Nebraska authors with you, I stood in front of my bookcase and tried to decide which one to start with for Operation: Nebraska Author.

Do I go with a system like:

  • Alphabetically by the author's last name/first name/astrological sign/book title
  • Put the names in a hat and draw
  • Try to remember which one I got first and start there
  • Chronologically by publish date
  • In order of cover color and where they fall in rainbow order
Or something different?

And then I realized, that would not really be any fun for me. I'm very much a pantser and setting up some sort of plan like that would not work.

So I stood in front of my books and decided that I was in the mood for something fun and lighthearted. 

My eyes fell on Blissfully Married by New York Times best selling author Victorine Lieske. My choice had been made.

Picture from my Litsy page
The little gargoyle lurking in the background is my
roommate's Bug, Riley.  Isn't she cute?
What I did not realize (and should have) is that Blissfully Married is actually the fourth in Victorine's (can I call her by her first name if I've had a conversation with her and I feel like she'd recognize me if we ever ran into each other again? I'm going to.) Married Series. The other books in the series are Mistakenly Married, Reluctantly Married, and Accidentally Married.

Thankfully, I was not lost at having not read the other three books. I think some of the characters cross over, but they are stand-alone stories in their own right.

In Blissfully Married, we meet Sidney who runs a match making business named Blissfully Matched. She has a gift for matching people up, but her lack of a significant other makes her clients a little uneasy about trusting her abilities. Enter Sidney's friend, Mia, who offered an obvious solution: get a fiance.
Toothless is a terrible book holder.
I think its the tail.

Or, to save on time, make one up.

One quick photo shoot with Mia's sweet and nerdy brother, Ted, and a fake diamond ring later, Sidney is ready for business.

Or she was until a not-so-blast-from-her-past Blake walks into her office looking as swoon-worthy as he did when he walked out of her life years before.

A whole lot of awkwardness with a huge helping of pride on the side takes our leading lady and the man she's loved since she was a kid through a series of hi-jinks and misunderstandings that would make Shakespeare proud.

Blissfully Married is a fun, lighthearted romance with real and entertaining characters. It was a fast read for me, only taking two days (would have been only one if I didn't have to do stupid things like go to work) because once I got started, I didn't want to put it down.

I definitely recommend Blissfully Married for anybody who likes romance stories with quirky characters, Comedy of Errors-esque action, and is light on the bodice busting (genre-ly: Clean Romance, I had no idea this was a thing, but it makes sense). And I definitely will be checking out Victorine's other books.

I got to meet Victorine at the Nebraska Writers Guild 2016 Fall conference. She gave a presentation on BookBub and how authors can utilize the newsletter to get word about their books out to the masses. It was very interesting and I learned a lot. She was great to chat with later on also. As a former Nebraska Writers Guild president and a New York Times Best Selling Author, she is very much a down-to-earth Nebraskan, warm and welcoming. She was inspiring and I hope you enjoy her books.
See! I met her!

Other books by Victorine:

The Married Series:
Mistakenly Married
Reluctantly Married
Accidentally Married
Blissfully Married

Not What She Seems (spent 6 weeks on the New York Times Best Selling eBook list)
The Practice Date
The Truth Comes Out
The Overtaking
How to Find: Success Selling eBooks


You can find Victorine's books on Amazon and cleanromancebooks.com.
Learn more about Victorine Liesk on her website, on Facebook, or on her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment